Thursday, May 04, 2006

How to watch ABC TV Streams outside the USA

ABC has launched their streaming service on their website,they offer episodes of Lost, Desperate Houswives, Alias and others right from the website.But,unfortunately they are not for users from outside USA.They will know by checking your IPs origin and the whois.However,all you need is a http proxy that is hosted inside the USA .Here is the step-by-step.

1. Download Charon to check proxy servers for those variables.

2. Open it.Simply select Check Proxies and then Scan Search Engines for new Proxies.Charon will find some proxies that are then displayed in the table.

3. Now select Check Proxies and Check Anonymity of all Proxies.

4. Select Connect Options and chose Use External Judge(s).

5. You must have enough good ones or a finished test sort the proxies by the Country tab. Only USA proxies are working so we need one of those. The Anonymity tab should state YES. If both are correct right click the line and select Copy to clipboard and Copy selected IP:Port.

6. Open your browser and paste the proxy address into its proxy settings. For firefox you select Tools >> Options >> Connection Settings >> Manual Proxy Configuration and add the proxy and port there.

7. Close it and visit the abc streaming site. If you see a Launch button you are ready to enjoy the tv shows.

8. ENJOY THE *FREE* SHOWs (^_^)//

By the way,this is the proxy I am using and it's working flawlessly : 72.197.42.85 Port : 7212

Thank you and Enjoy !

8 Comments:

Anonymous KHK said...

Hi

This is most helpful.

But I am behind a proxy at my office. I would like to watch Lost after work hours. Any idea on how to do it then?

If I choose a US based proxy, my net connection goes away as I need the proxy to connect to the net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Regards,
KHK

khk77 at hotmail.com

Sat May 20, 10:18:00 PM 2006  
Blogger laura said...

hey....i tried Charon and it searched and searched but nothing apeared on the table!!!, please...i really want to watch the videos,I have Mozilla Firefox and IE.
THANKS A LOT!!
lauraespinel2@gmail.com

Fri Aug 03, 08:53:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Currently I live in Thailand and I was blocked as well, but switched to a OpenVPN solution. My provider ( www.strongvpn.com ) is a monthly fee but at least there are no bandwidth charges at it's 24 hour support. I got a IpodTouch and they were right there to help me set it up.

I don't mind paying for the service since I use my IpodTouch in airports, would not want to do that without a VPN provider.

Get off the proxies! I know my friend used one and it caused a nasty back end virus.

Mon Feb 04, 05:21:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I go to "Scan Search Engines for new Proxies" I get this pop up

http://imagenerd.com/uploads/clipboard016A9o.jpg

Tue Mar 04, 11:23:00 AM 2008  
Blogger alex7xl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Fri Jan 23, 05:04:00 PM 2009  
Blogger alex smith said...

I work in internet for hours so I need my computer to be protected. Thanks to vpn that helped me to cope with it

Wed Feb 18, 03:14:00 AM 2009  
Blogger administrator said...

I tried it from Cuba, but it did not work. Perhaps I should look into a VPN service?



Buy VPN

Fri Sep 25, 06:35:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous contactos en madrid said...

I totally agree with the article.

Mon Nov 21, 02:29:00 AM 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home